But weather could put a damper on holiday plans READ MORE
- Footsteps: On the Trail of Nabokov in the American West
- Frugal Traveler: 3 Airfare Hacks for the Committed Penny-Pincher
- Pursuits: Lesbos, a Greek Refuge for the War Weary and Vacationers
- The Getaway: Your Destination Wedding: Flight Tips and More
- Update: In Egypt, a Setback for Tourism Amid Signs of Hope
- Heads Up: In San Francisco, a Reimagined and (Hugely) Expanded Museum
- Explorer: In This Part of Tuscany, No Souvenirs Necessary
- Explorer: 6 European Countries, 9 Days, 0 Planes
- 3.3 Million Were Expected at Trade Center Attraction; a Million Haven't Shown Up
- Album: When New York Harbor Is the Endpoint of a 17-Day Sprint
- Amtrak's Cascades route: Pacific Northwest at its most majestic
- Memorial Day: The 50 most visited monuments and memorials in the USA
- Fly fishing in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Caribbean luxury: CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla
- America's best beaches: Hawaii, Florida strands top 'Dr. Beach' rankings
- Postal pilgrimage: 10 great places for stamp lovers
- Nine places you didn't know you could afford in 2016
- Where to try all-American bison meat
- City in the clouds: Beautiful views of Machu Picchu
- Glacier National Park: 10 tips for your visit
Your travel photos
Send us photos you've taken on your travels! Click on the link above to submit them online to StarNewsOnline.com/TravelPhotos.
Local travel stories
Up for adventure? Looking to learn something? We help you decide what kind of traveler you are.
The cost of gas in the U.S. is in a constant state of flux.
UNCW will hold ceremonies in Trask Coliseum for the class of 2016 on Friday and Saturday.
Where do you go when you need some down time but don't want to go too far? Take our poll and let us know
If you're even remotely curious about history and architecture, you owe it to yourself to visit Biltmore Estates at in Asheville, N.C. The estate features the Biltmore house, America's largest privately...