Many people hit the road in the summer, and crooks know it READ MORE
- In Transit: Perks at Smaller Hotels Mimic Luxury Brands
- Business Briefing: JetBlue to Cuba, for Those With Good Reasons
- Universal's Back Lot Tour Adds a Bigger Dose of Movie Fantasy
- How Iceland Emerged From Its Deep Freeze
- Explorer: In Machu Picchu's Shadow, Peru's Lake Titicaca Offers Natural Beauty
- Footsteps: Robert Graves Found 'Perfect Tranquillity' in Majorca
- Heads Up: The Arts Find a Home in the Upper Florida Keys
- Air Passengers Applaud a Justice Dept. Collusion Case
- Should Swimmers Worry About Sharks?
- Frugal Traveler: A $50 Day in Knoxville, Tennessee
- Rail fan fantasy: Driving a historic steam locomotive
- Celebrate America: The USA's 42 most-visited monuments and memorials
- 10Best: Iced coffee drinks for an afternoon pick-up
- JetBlue expands service to Cuba
- 25 beautiful piers, promenades and boardwalks
- 16 productivity hacks from road warrior entrepreneurs
- America's best hot dogs and burgers for Independence Day
- The best one-tank road trips for summer
- Get buzzed: The best Caribbean beers and breweries
- Celebrate America's birthday: The 50 most visited national parks
- A $50 Day in Knoxville, Tennessee
- How to Eat on a Budget While Traveling
- How to Pick a Cellphone Plan for Traveling Abroad
- Exploring Franche-Comté, France's Well-Kept Secret
- In Sardinia, an Affordable Family-Run Farm Stay
- A Tour of Sardinia, Full of Discoveries
- A $100 Weekend in Washington, D.C.
- 7 Travel Inventions I'd Love to See (But Probably Never Will)
- Lodging Tips for Summer Travel
- Seeking the Elusive Fee-Free Exchange Rate
Your travel photos
Send us photos you've taken on your travels! Click on the link above to submit them online to StarNewsOnline.com/TravelPhotos.
Local travel stories
If you're looking for a party, head to Topsail Beach and Oak Island.
From making wine to making cheese, from wild horses to racing horsepower, North Carolina offers something for everyone.
Each August, all eyes turn to Shelby's Keeter Stadium/Veterans Field for the return of the American Legion Baseball World Series.
Western North Carolina attracts thousands of tourists each year to visit its natural wonders, many of them just in our backyard. Times-News photographers Mike Dirks and Patrick Sullivan set out to capture the beauty of WNC’s best known and...Gallery
From winding rivers to placid lakes, the North Carolina state park system offers something for everyone.
Whether you are looking for challenging hikes or simply looking to enjoy a leisurely drive, the Blue Ridge Parkway has something for everyone.