Here are some suggestions from among dozens of unusual museums across the nation READ MORE
Local travel stories
Tryon Palace will be abuzz with holiday activities through the weekend
It will soon be more convenient for Port City travelers to get to the Big Apple.
The weather was soupy and overcast at the Wilmington International Airport on Monday morning.Gallery
The good news for Thanksgiving travelers: the price of gas is at five-year lows.
The Goat Lady Dairy brings the table to the farm.
Your travel photos
Send us photos you've taken on your travels! Click on the link above to submit them online to StarNewsOnline.com/TravelPhotos.
- For Russians Abroad, a Ruble Doesn't Go as Far as It Used To
- Macau Looks Beyond Gambling as the Take From the Tables Slows
- Los Angeles, as a Pedestrian
- In Transit Blog: The Berlin Wall, by App
- Foraging: In Copenhagen, Shops With Studios Attached
- Cultured Traveler: Thailand's 'Gong Highway'
- Check In: Hotel Review: Dusit Devarana in New Delhi
- Pursuits: In Scotland, Guts, Glory and Haggis
- Cuba's Fans in Canada Anxiously Picture an Island Awash in Americans
- In Transit Blog: Zipping Around Cape Town
- By Public Transit From Dublin: Hikes, Vistas and Seafood, All for a Song
- Vail, the Thrifty Way
- Christmas in Dublin: Good Cheer and Great Deals
- Truffles and Barolo in Piedmont, the Frugal Way
- The Cinque Terre on a Budget
- Choosing Fast and Cheap Over High-End Chic in Yokohama, Japan
- In Tokyo, Following Elders to Bargains
- Are European Museum Passes Worth the Money?
- How to Shop for Souvenirs Like a Local
- Soaking Up Waikiki, Surfing to Sunsets, for a Song
- The Berlin Wall, by App
- Zipping Around Cape Town
- Wine Classes on the Dark Sea
- In New York, a Kwanzaa Celebration With Savion Glover
- Movies and Music in Mexico
- In Portland, It's Curtains for an Airport Carpet
- At Miami Beach Hotel, a Gallery on 12 Wheels
- Walkabout: Strike in Belgium Disrupts Air and Rail Traffic
- With Hotel Holiday Events, Hope and Charity
- Surf City, Chicago
- 'Tis the season: Holiday festivities to make you merry
- Eight things to pack extra for your vacation rental
- What normalizing relations with Cuba means for travelers
- Holiday eats! Gingerbread, eggnog, latkes and more
- Best new airport amenities in 2014
- 2014's most popular destinations, according to Facebook
- 10 gifts for skiiers and snowboarders this season
- A taste of Christmas markets around the world
- Ask the Captain: Why must we wait for connecting passengers?
- Eight charming ski chalets around the world